Robocalls are the number one consumer complaint placed with the Federal Trade Commission. Robocallers use spoofed Caller IDs to look like they are calling from local numbers or business-looking 800 numbers. There are a few things you can do to help limit robocalls and a few things to do once you’ve received a robocall.
Here are some tips for reducing robocalls:
1. Use an app for spam calls
2. Sign up on the Do Not Call registry
3. Block anonymous callers in phone settings
What to do once you’ve received a robocall:
1. Hang up without pressing any numbers
2. Block the number in phone settings
3. Report the number to the FTC
Want more information?
Check out this YouTube video or visit ourSafety page.